Donate another bag of “stuff” and one more bag of clothes
- Attempt to learn how to sew (one of my most avoided tasks)
- Finish painting projects that are started in the basement
- Family Gallery Wall to be completed and hung on the wall!
Reorganize the basement storage (again) since three kids grow into and out of clothes at a rapid speed! Finish all (some) of those nagging tasks – loose handles and door knobs, hang pictures, tighten cabinet doors etc. those things that you hate that you even notice. Rekindle my passion for reading – I now happily have a stack (virtual stack because of my Kobo) of books to read! Spend time with my husband! 🙂
I suppose there is always next week to cross of some more to-do items!
- Fishing License $28 – An expense for an upcoming family ice fishing trip for my husband in February. His Sanity = Necessary
- No Frills – Bananas, eggs and windshield washer fluid = $9.38
- This would be a great time of year to take the kids swimming at the local pool!
- It would be great to go on a date with my husband but we settled for a glass of wine by the fire.
- Low Point – Andrew says to me with a serious face “I was looking at our budget and the only place we can reduce is by changing the car to running on vegetable oil”. Me: No. [End of Discussion]
- Still disappointed by the total amount of spending even though we are not spending unnecessarily!
- This challenge isn’t much different from most months aside from the lack of home renovations.
- Note: I am getting my hair cut and hi-lighted this week but I have made it a monthly expense in order to account for the cost over the year instead of having an unexpected bill at the time of the haircut.
Previous Total =$520.78
Week #3 Spending = $37.38
Total (Variable) Spending = $558.16