It is HOT today. Sweating at 8am in the morning is not a good sign. The babies, my son and I were all cranky. I had to get out of here. I packed them all up to go to Walmart. It was a destination.
We came back feeling refreshed from our outing. I decided I would take them outside. It shouldn’t be a big task. I mean the backyard is right outside the patio doors. How difficult could it be?
Keep in mind, it is not safe to leave a baby by a pool (DUH) even if it is a small, paddling pool so I had to be extra diligent and strategic (they don’t call me a house manager for nothing)!
- Mom packs up lunch (crackers/cheese/celery/2 x sippy cups/water jug/applesauce with spoons and bowls)
- Mom packs up diapers/wipes/change of clothes x 3/swim suits/bathing towels
- Mom packs shoes for the boy who runs
- Mom packs telephone & cell phone
- Mom packs allergy medicine just in case Max breaks out in hives
Next take all of the supplies outside:
- TRIP 1 – take out laundry basket filled with supplies
- TRIP 2 – take out booster chair attached to chair
- TRIP 3 – repeat for 2nd chair
- TRIP 4 – let Isaac and the dog into the backyard
- TRIP 5 – RUN (they are crawling around at this point) back in the house to pick up first baby and take out (strap into booster chair)
- TRIP 6 – RUN back in the house to pick up the second baby and bring her outside (strap into the booster chair)
- Fill up the pool, set out the lunch for the kiddies & enjoy!
- Pack up and head back inside to cool off, feed babies and get them down for a nap
HOLY SH*T I was sweating my butt off. This is hard work! I wonder how many calories I burned?!
Have a great day!